"Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire." - William Butler Yeats
St. Richard's Mission Statement:
Instill knowledge and values for a lifetime through a superior education with a classic curriculum enriched by the inclusion of ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic diversity, and by the resources of our urban community; and shape our students' intellectual emotional, social, physical, and spiritual gifts by maintaining high academic expectations and ethical standards, and by encouraging and teaching moral and religious values, respect, service, and discipline in a climate of enthusiasm and joy.
St. Richard's Operational Commitments:
- To serve children of demonstrated academic ability whose needs can be met in a challenging, structured classroom.
- To seek new knowledge and technology which will improve the students learning as we choose curriculum content from classic and modern masterworks and insights of many cultures.
- To promote imagination, creativity, critical thinking skills, and time management in all areas of the curriculum.
- To strive to provide the finest academic education with superior, caring faculty.
- To be rich with traditions celebrating learning and our community life.
- To set and maintain high standards to encourage and measure the performance and participation of the students.
- To welcome students from all faith communities.
- To understand that learning occurs best with varieties of opportunities and when it can be emotionally positive.
- To exercise active commitment to the community in which we are located to maintain a spirit of mutual respect among parents, students, faculty, and friends of the school.